The Armstrong hut was a collapsible hut made of canvas and wood to provide temporary accommodation for 24-30 men, designed by Lieutenant Colonel Bertie Harold Olivier Armstrong (1873-1950) of Royal Engineers, one of the most important War Office architects of the First World War.
Description: Black and white photograph of men from the King’s Own Royal Regiment constructing an Armstrong Hut in Wareham
Date: August 1915
Source: Courtesy of the King’s Own Royal Regiment Museum, Accession No. KO1769/01-114